Surgical Technician Training & Certification Online
Best American Healthcare University offers Surgical Technician Program Online. Register with Confidence and attend a nationally accredited, but affordable program. In just 4 months, you can finish with two certifications (A national certification as an Electrocardiogram Technician and a certificate of completion as a surgical technician from the school) without a loan on your neck!
BAHU online surgical technician training is far superior to other online surgical Technician programs because it includes the training, exam review and national certification exam for the EKG technician and a comprehensive, but simple tailored program for the Surgical Technician. So a completion of our course enables the graduate to practice as an EKG Technician in any State of the United States, as well as practice as a Surgical Tech in any state.
The fees for the EKG national certification exam is offered as a bonus for surgical tech students who want the EKG bonus. However, the fees for the surgical Tech exam (see fees schedule) is NOT included in the $2400. So a completion of our course enables the graduate to practice as an EKG Technician in any State of the United States, as well as practice as a Surgical Tech in any state. At the completion of the EKG technician course, we register the student for the EKG national certification. We do offer exam registration assistance for the surgical tech once the course work have been completed, However, the student pays for the national certification exam fee. See Healthcare Professionals Competency Testing (HPCT) fee schedule. Student can also choose another certifying agency. Students would be able to sit for the surgical tech national exam at the end of the course work. They will receive the school certificate of completion as well as the national certificate after passing exam with HPCT.
Since we have students taking this course from different states, each student is expected find an externship site to fulfill the hands-on practice after the program.
Please note that if you do not need the EKG Technician certificate, the cost is still the same. It is only a bonus.
Course Duration: 4 months
At the end of the program, student will graduate with these certifications:
1. EKG Technician (optional bonus)
2. Surgical Technician
3. Patient Care Technician PCT ( Optional - Patient care & Surgical Tech combo is $4800)
Best American Healthcare University online surgical technician certification is accepted in all the following 50 states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Only 2 steps to apply:
1. Pay for the course below
2. Fill out the registration form
Only 2 steps to apply:
1. Pay for the course on this page or call the school to pay over the phone
2. Fill out the registration form
Click on a button below to pay.
You can also call 951 637 8332 and pay over the phone
You can also click below to enroll in a bi-weekly payment of $150, click the button below. However, you would not have access to the class until your second bi-weekly payment of $150 is received.
How it works:
1. Pay and fill out the registration form on this page
2. Receive the study materials at your doorstep within five business days
3. Take the program and the exam review with the help of an online instructor.(Surgical Tech alone (2 months or faster), Surgical Tech & EKG (4 months or faster) Surgical Tech, EKG & Patient Care Tech (6 months or faster). The first 8 weeks is for the EKG Technician Course (If you want the EKG course), the second 8 weeks is for the Surgical Technician course, and last 8 weeks for patient care tech if you chose that combo.
4. Assignments are due every week. (Your online instructor will guide you)
5. Register for the national certification exam (Your instructor will guide you)
6. Test at the nearest national testing center to your zip code, usually within 40 miles from you or take exam on your computer with a proctor monitoring you on webcam.
7. Join hundreds of Best American Healthcare University graduates and Become a nationally certified healthcare professional!
8. Since we have students taking this course from different states, each student is expected find an externship site to fulfill the hands-on practice AFTER the program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is Best American Healthcare University an approved school?
YES and YES again.
2. Is the surgical tech and patient care tech certification acceptable in my state?
YES, the national certifications obtained after the national exams are acceptable in every United States Territory.
3. Do I need to complete my scrub hours before sitting for the surgical tech national certification exam?
NO. You are able to sit for your national certification exam immediately after course completion and receive your certificate of you choose HPCT. Other agencies will allow you to test but hold your certificate until you complete your scrubs.
4. Do I need to take the EKG?
NO, the EKG Technician course is a bonus we offer to all surgical tech students who need it at no extra cost.
5. Are there specific times I need to be online?
NO, Our course is designed for busy individuals. You log in and log out at your own pace and time.
6. What benefit do I get for adding the Patient Care Technician Course?
You receive the PCT training, an additional national certification and more hiring opportunities.
7. How do I find a place for externship?
Complete your course and approach surgery centers or hospitals with your completion certificate and national certificate.
8. Can I complete my scrubs where I work?
YES, we do NOT control where you complete your scrubs. It is the responsibility of each student to find their externship place and complete their scrub hours.
9. How do I sign up?
Only 2 steps: 1. Pay. 2. Fill out the registration form on this page.
10. How do I know where I am sitting for the national exam?
If you choose HPCT, You can actually test from your computer on your exam date with your proctor monitoring you on web cam. Alternatively, there are testing centers within driving distances. We will guide you and give you options for testing.