As a Medical Assistant you will be in high demand.
You will succeed when you study at Best American Healthcare University!
Below are the 15 top reasons students study to become a medical assistant with us.
1) One of the LOWEST PRICE medical assistant training programs in California
.2) No High School Diploma or GED required to join our medical assistant class.
3) Our curriculum is nationally accredited. Our medical assistant graduates succeed.
4) Not only is our medical assistant tuition low, you can pay as you go.
5) Program is channeled towards helping you gain the knowledge you need as well as pass the National Certification Exam.
6) Our school is an approved testing site for National certification exams. You can test at the school at the end of your program.
7) We are small enough to give personal one-on-one training, but large enough to be a nationally respected institution.
8) Small medical assistant classes, offers a personalized learning environment.
9) Our medical assistant instructors are licensed healthcare professionals.
10) Every medical assistant student receives an internship in a medical facility.
11) You online instructor is always accessible by email
12) We are conveniently located in the heart the City of riverside, close to the 91 freeway ( easy to reach)
13) We use a combination of lecture, hands-on, and audio video training.
14) Our medical assistant course is always updated to meet all new standards.
15) Our medical assistants graduate with 2 or 3 certifications; front office, back office & EKG Technician. So, they can even work in hospitals with the EKG Technician Certification. WE CARE! We will bring out the best in you!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the role of a medical assistant?
Medical Assistants have always played an important role in physicians' offices, clinics, and other facilities where health care services are offered on an outpatient basis. With the changes in health care, the onset of managed care, and the explosion of knowledge and technology in medicine, physicians' offices as well as health care agencies are looking for well trained medical assistants.
Can you give me a little detail of what my duties will be as a medical assistant?
We train the student in both the front and back office duties.
Although clinical duties vary, they will include but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control
Prepare and assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments
Obtain patient history and vital signs
Collect and process specimens
Perform or assist with diagnostic tests, including performing an EKG.
Taking blood for examination (Phlebotomy)
Performing certain lab tests
Screen and follow patient test results
Maintain medication and immunization records
Adhere to established triage procedures
Coordinate patient care information with other health care providers
Administrative duties include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
Basic clerical duties
Schedule, coordinate, and monitor scheduling
Schedule inpatient/outpatient procedures and admissions
Perform medical transcription
Perform procedural and diagnostic coding
Obtain reimbursement through accurate claims (insurance) submission
Monitor and follow-up on third-party (insurance) reimbursement
Apply bookkeeping principles
Document and maintain accounting and banking records
Manage accounts payable, accounts receivables, and payroll
Professionally manage telephone responsibilities
Receive, organize, prioritize, and transmit written and verbal communications and information
What is the current JOB OUTLOOK for medical assistants?
Medical Assistants generally work in outpatient settings which are expected to grow much faster than average during the next 10 years spurring the demand for flexible support personnel.
What are the specific duties of Medical Assistants?
A Medical assistant is an unlicensed multi-skilled health professional who offers administrative, clerical and technical support to the physician. Medical assistants provide services for front office, back office and other clinical laboratory areas. Medical assisting is a versatile career for men and women because it provides services in the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors and other health practitioners to work smoothly. They are not like physician assistants who diagnose and treat patients under direct control of physician, instead, they depend on the specialty of practitioner.
Medical assistants work under the control of department administrator.They perform administrative duties like answering telephones, greeting patients, and updating patient medical records. Medical assistants play significant role in the medical offices or clinical environments. However, they don’t make any independent decisions, about the diagnosis, treatment or emergency plan of patients. They are not allowed to perform independent practice.