DSD Director of Staff development
Best American Healthcare University offers DSD Director of Staff Development certification training course online. Our profound DSD training meets DSD certification California requirements as it is approved by the board of Registered Nursing. LVNS and RNs take this course.
This course is a requirement for nurses who have had at least two years experience as a nurse and at least one year in patient care and wish to become the Director of Staff Development in the long term care facility or teach Certified Nurse Assistants. It is an online course estimated to be completed in 24 hours. The cost is $350. Only two steps needed to apply: 1. click below and pay for the course 2. Fill out the registration form. Course Log in info is automatically emailed to you after payment.
Course Log in info is automatically emailed to you after payment.
DSD Director of Staff Development Certification Course
COURSE TITLE: “PLANNING, IMPLEMENTING AND EVALUATING EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS”
INSTRUCTOR: JANE JOHN-NWANKWO CPT, RN, RM, MSN, PHN
“Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, for 24 Contact Hours”
Students will receive training on how to develop a curriculum, use a curriculum effectively to teach, and how to evaluate the comprehension of the topic taught to their students. They will be able to draft course outlines, as well as lesson plans, and understand how to adapt each educational topic to the target audience.
At the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Successfully develop an educational curriculum
- Describe how to effectively use a curriculum to teach
- Explain how to effectively manage time during teaching instructions
- Explain how to effectively evaluate the understanding of the topic taught
- Successfully develop course outlines
- Successfully develop lesson plans
- Understand how to adapt educational topics to different target audiences.
- Curriculum Development
- Curriculum implementation
- Time Management during teaching
- Topic/Course Evaluation
- Drafting Course Evaluation
- Drafting lesson plans
- Adapting educational topics to different target audience
Refund/Cancellation Policy: Fees paid toward the attendance of this class will not be refunded in the case of a student’s absence or student's change of mind, but class can be rescheduled at a later date without any extra charges.